This year, the Tennessee Section Institute of Transportation Engineers (TSITE) awarded seven individual awards and one group award to CEE transportation students in the UT ITE student chapter, bestowing $8,200 in scholarships.
Nima Hoseinzadeh, former president of UT’s ITE chapter, said he is grateful for the help of Assistant Professor Candace Brakewood who is the faculty advisor of the ITE student chapter.
“All of our activities have been accomplished with her help,” said Hoseinzadeh. “We could not have seen this success without her.”
Students took home the following awards:
Scholarships (overall $7,000):
- TSITE John R. Harper Memorial Scholarship: Mojdeh Azaddisfany
- TSITE T. Darcy Sullivan Scholarship: Nitesh Shah
- TSITE Billy M. Hart Memorial Scholarship: Yi Wen
- TSITE Bill D. Kervin, Jr. Scholarship: Nima Hoseinzadeh
TSITE Student Paper Competition ($900):
- 1st place, Yuandong Liu
- 2nd place, Zhihua Zhang
- 3rd place, Amin Mohammadnazar
TSITE Distracted Driving PSA Poster Student Competition ($300)
- 2nd place, Sameer Aryal, Mojdeh Azaddisfany, Jing Guo, Kanghao He, Nitesh Shah, Yi Wen, Zhihua Zhang.
In the past, scholarships were awarded during a banquet in the three-day summer meeting in Gatlinburg, but this year the in-person meeting was canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.