Program Educational Objectives
The CEE department offers the following degree options:
- BS in Civil Engineering (accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET)
- MS in Civil Engineering
- MS in Environmental Engineering
- PhD in Civil Engineering (including Environmental Engineering)
Consistent with the mission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Tennessee, graduates of this program are expected to attain the following objectives:
- Solve engineering problems and contribute to successful projects.
- Advance with increasing technical and/or leadership responsibility.
- Continually increase engineering proficiency, pursue graduate or other advanced education, proceed toward professional licensure, and contribute to the profession and community with integrity.
Student Learning Outcomes
In support of the the above objectives, at the time of graduation Civil Engineering students will have achieved and demonstrated the following outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Civil Engineering Undergraduate Enrollment and Graduation
|Year||Fall Enrollment||Degrees Awarded|