The CEE department offers the following degree options:
- BS in Civil Engineering (accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET)
- MS in Civil Engineering
- MS in Environmental Engineering
- PhD in Civil Engineering (including Environmental Engineering)
Consistent with the mission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Tennessee, graduates of the program will have:
- Technical competency to conduct engineering projects and to advance with increasing responsibility.
- Professional competency to continually increase engineering proficiency, proceed on a track to attain professional licensure, and contribute to the profession and community.
Student Learning Outcomes
In support of the the above objectives, at the time of graduation students will have achieved and demonstrated the following outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.